The peplos was a rectangular piece of fabric folded and pinned together worn by women in Ancient Greece. They wore a long tunic called a chiton at a later date. Greek women used to style their long hair in a variety of ways.
In certain parts of the East, though, it was a different matter. It didn’t make sense to cover up too much when the temperature was usually warmer. In India, for example, the conventional sari is traditionally paired with a short top called a choli. Party dresses that are very popular today have a history that dates back to ancient civilizations.
The garments worn for belly dance, which expose the midriff, are also from the East. It’s impossible to pinpoint the precise roots of the outfit because it evolved, and diverse regions, such as Egypt, the Middle East, and Asia, had distinct designs.
Women in Ancient Rome were already trendy, as they wore a palla, or long shawl, with their bright stolas, or long skirts. Pins and brooches were used to keep their clothes in place. Some women wore wigs and even fake teeth.
Several types of party tops are available in the market these days. Understanding different types of tops can help one choose the best top for the next party.
- Batwing tops: The pattern of the sleeves, which resembles bat wings, has given these tops their name. The top section is looser than the bottom section, which is thicker and often seen as creased designs. They have a snug fit around the waist and hips and look perfect with skirts, pants, or capris. Because of the style, the sleeves are generally long.
- Crop tops: Since they expose a lot of the midriff, cropped mini tops are usually worn by younger women. In reality, some of these tops are off-the-shoulder, making them even sexier and revealing. They’re perfect for wearing miniskirts and jeans to the pool, the next get-together with friends, or some other thing that allows you to be out in the sun for a while. Cropped mini tops are also available in a range of prints, sleeve lengths, and finishes.
- Back pattern tops: These tops are very fashionable with teens and young adults, and they have a unique backside with a unique and eye-catching design. Tops with designs on the back are ideal for girls’ nights out, dates, and even weddings. They can feature zips, lace, or various other features, and all of them expose a portion of the wearer’s back for a sensual and glamorous look. The front and back of the top are always distinct, and the designs on the backside of the top are always appealing.
- Layered tops: These shirts stand out because they have several layers on the front and back. The layered look, which is mainly done with spaghetti straps, draws attention to itself, and the top is usually made of very flexible and supportive materials like cotton. Layered tops can be dressed up by wearing them with jeans or skirts, and they’re lightweight, loose-fitting and suitable for casual outings like going to the pool or shopping at the mall. Layered tops are more popular among teenagers, but their streamlined look is also ideal for adults.
- High neck: In the season, a shirt with a high neckline is ideal. It is not only windproof, but it is still very chic. A high-neck t-shirt worn over a pretty skirt or simple trousers, can be both comfortable and elegant. A high-necked top with intricate lace designs or even fringe might be particularly appealing.