A Guide to Skincare Routine
Your skincare routine should be part of your everyday life. If you want to have the perfect skin, it’s not going to appear without using the right products. The first step is knowing your skin type, find the products suitable for you, and make the routine a habit. It’s up to you if you want it to be ophisticated or simple, take a look below.
The Different Skin Types
You won’t know what skincare products to use if you don’t know your skin type. What’s yours?
- Oily Skin: Overproduces oil and is usually shiny
- Dry Skin: Dull and dry skin
- Combined Skin: A combination of dry and oily skin
- Sensitive Skin: Easily irritated and becomes red quickly
If you know your skin type, you can go forward and choose the product that’s beneficial to your skin type.
A Simple Skincare Routine
For a simple skincare routine, you need three products:
Usually, beginners follow this simple skincare routine and see the results after a while. First, find the perfect products suitable for your skin type and then start as follows:
- Cleanse: The cleanser removes dirt, oil, and bacteria. Cleansing your face should be the first step of your skincare routine; it’s beneficial to benefit from the other products used. However, this step should be avoided if you have dry skin.
- Moisturize: Everyone needs a moisturizer. If you don’t have one yet, go get it. A moisturizer replaces the lost water in your skin and should be placed directly after cleansing your face.
- Use Sunscreen: The last step of a simple skincare routine is to use sunblock. Sunblock is an essential part of skincare to reduce dark spots and wrinkles that happen as a result of sun damage.
Following these three simple steps could be the start. Maybe with time, you’ll start using other products for your skin, like the ones mentioned below:
A Detailed Skincare Routine
It’s time to elevate your skincare routine, this time, you need more products. Some are for the morning, others are for the evening.
Morning Skincare Routine
Your everyday morning skincare routine should be as follows:
- Cleanser: Even if you want to elevate your routine, you always start by using a cleanser to clean your face from all the oils and dirt.
- Toner: The second step of your skincare routine requires you to apply toner after the cleanser. It’s recommended to use in small amounts, and in case it exfoliates, it’s recommended to be used at night.
- Serum: Lightweight products, serums are either oil-based or water-based. Depending on the serum you use, you might want to use it before the moisturizer if it’s water-based or after if it’s oil-based. Either way, it’ll benefit your skin greatly.
- Eye Cream: Use before the moisturizer.
- Moisturizer: After following the few steps above, it’s time to hydrate your skin by using a moisturizer every morning.
- Face Oil (Optional): After all these products, you can use face oil to further moisturize and keep your face hydrated.
- Sunscreen: Never go out without sunscreen. The basic skincare routine requires sunscreen because it’s very important to protect your skin.
Evening Skincare Routine
After a long day, if you love wearing makeup, then it’s time to remove it and nourish your skin by doing the following:
- Makeup Remover: If you always have makeup on, you must have a makeup remover to clean off all the products before going to bed. This is very important to follow every night.
- Cleanser: After removing all the makeup, cleanse your face just like you did in the morning.
- Toner: Small drops of toner are to be applied on the face directly after the cleanser.
- Serum: The fourth step of your evening skin care routine should be applying serum. One with hyaluronic acid will be full of nutrients that prevent your skin from drying out.
- Acne Treatment: It is an optional step to treat acne at night, but layering ingredients like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acids with retinol could irritate your skin.
- Moisturizer: Keep your skin hydrated at all times. Your nighttime cream is usually heavy but it is not recommended when using spot treatment.
- Retinoid: That’s an optional step only taken at night because retinol makes your skin sensitive to the sun.
- Face Oil: The final option is to use face oil after all the skincare products to keep your skin hydrated.
Are you ready to have the perfect skin? You won’t be able to achieve this goal unless you know your skin type and follow a skincare routine that’s customized for you. Whether in the morning or at night, it will take some time to achieve your goal, but being patient and consistent is the key.