Mark Roemer Oakland believes that it is much fun to shop online, but at the same time, you need to be cautious. Or else, you may end up losing money to scammers. Mentioned below are some tips on how to safely shop online:
- Deal with reputable retailers- You must always shop with trustworthy and reputable online retailers. It is best to choose the retailers with whom you had shopped before and had a smooth experience. Dealing with these retailers will keep you safe from providing your bank account details on any illegitimate sites.
- Be careful while shopping from new sellers- Don’t rush while shopping from retailers you have not dealt with before. It will be best if you do your homework before making any purchase from them. To do this, you must go to the “Contact Us” section and check whether the given information is authenticated.
- Stay away from amazing deals- You must have come across some fantastic deals on Instagram or Facebook, and their offers look too good to be true. If you find unusual low prices, chances are you have landed on a fake site. So, be very alert while sharing personal information on these websites.
- Use strong passwords- To keep your shopping accounts safe from cybercrime, you must use a strong password. The password must be a set of uppercase and lowercase letters, symbols, and numbers, and this will ensure that the password is not easily guessed by others.
- Check the site’s security before you make a purchase- To verify that the site is secure, check that they use SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption. The URL of the site must not be HTTP; and instead, it should be HTTPS. These websites are secure and will always keep your details safe and secure.
- Prefer credit cards over debit cards- While making a purchase, try using a credit card because it doesn’t give the retailer direct access to the money in your bank account.
- Keep a record of the details- While purchasing anything from an online retailer, keep an eye for all the details like tracking id, order confirmation number, transaction ID, and more such details. This information will help you if there is a problem with your order in the future.
- Keep track of your orders- You must not forget to keep track of your stuff after placing your order. Tracking will ensure whether your stuff is on its way. If you find anything fishy, it will enable you to take steps as soon as possible.
Mark Roemer Oakland believes that with increasing cases of cybercrimes every day, it is the need of the hour to be very careful while buying anything online. Following all the tips mentioned above will keep you safe from becoming an easy target to scammers out there. However, if any online retailer still scams you, you should complain to the concerned authorities without any delay.